This discreet orthodontic technique uses a series of custom-made aligners to gradually move crooked, gappy or crowded teeth to an improved position. As it is a less noticeable way to straighten teeth, it is suitable for adults or teenagers who may feel self-conscious about wearing very obvious braces.
These innovative aligners can also be taken out, so you can maintain your oral hygiene as normal, eat whatever you choose and remove them for special occasions.
- Almost invisible
- If you are a suitable candidate for this adult-friendly treatment, we take a digital scan and photos, and collect other information about your teeth. We then use special 3D technology to create a personalised plan, which shows how your teeth will move and also how they will look after treatment.
- When the aligners are ready, you will wear a different one every two weeks until the carefully controlled force shifts your teeth to a better position. You may feel minor discomfort when a new aligner is fitted but this is usually just a feeling of pressure and a good indicator that the treatment is working.
- Treatment times will vary depending on your individual issue, but most cases are completed in 6-12 months. As the aligners only work while you are actually wearing them, we recommend they are kept in place for 22–24 hours per day.
Following treatment, as with all orthodontic methods, you will need to wear a retainer to stop your teeth moving back to their former position.
What are the benefits of invisalign braces?
- Invisalign is the most widely used and popular Invisible brace, with over 3 million people worldwide benefiting from the treatment
- The aligners are virtually invisible so people won’t be able to notice that you are undergoing teeth straightening
- Invisalign does NOT use fixed aligners. They can easily be removed during eating, brushing or during any special occasions
- Invisalign braces are personal custom-made aligners and are very comfortable
- Appointments are quick and short
- You will notice teeth movement and enjoy a straighter smile even before the treatment has finished
What is invisalign like to wear?
Invisalign trays are comfortable, clear, removable and can transform your smile without disrupting your life.
Over 3 million people worldwide have benefited from Invisalign treatment.
How discreet is invisalign?
Invisalign aligners are clear and nearly invisible.
The braces are so discrete that most people do not notice you wearing them, so Invisalign treatment won’t affect your lifestyle and day to day interaction with other people.
Are the aligners comfortable?
Unlike traditional braces Invisalign doesn’t have any metal wires or brackets which can cause discomfort.
Invisalign aligners are custom made using transparent polycrystalline alumina, a smooth, clear material using that was designed by NASA.